Skip to main content

BY BEAUTY BAY Liquid Crystal Eyeshadow in Malachite

I have been interested in this product for a while now and I always held off buying one as I already own Stila and HUDA BEAUTY versions and I don’t often use them. I finally decided to order one in a beautiful green shade. It is the one that appealed to me the most and looking at the swatches online, it seems like the most opaque one. I don’t have a colour like it in my Stila or HUDA BEAUTY ones.
Malachite - emerald green shimmer

This liquid eyeshadow is mean’t to be long lasting, creamy and leave you with an ultra-metallic finish that doesn’t smudge, fade or crease. You can wear it alone or over other products and it can be used on your eyes, lips and cheeks. It also comes in a variety of glitter and metallic shades and it is cruelty-free and vegan. You can purchase them for £6.00 (4.5ml) each from BeautyBay.com.
My First Impressions
It has a paddle brush stick applicator just like the Stila and HUDA BEAUTY versions. The formula is thinner in consistency than the Stila ones. It is very easy to apply and it is very metallic and reflective. You need to do a couple of coats to get a fully opaque look. The colour Malachite is gorgeous and it has some micro sequins in it. It’s strange because there are not a lot of them and you don’t get them every time you dip in, you may only get one per eye. I don’t mind this as I wasn’t expecting there to be little sequins anyway. You need to wait for it to dry on your eye before you move. I have hooded eyes, so when I fully opened my eyes before the product had fully dried it transferred to my crease and just above my crease. It is easy to layer and I didn’t notice any cracking or congealing. I am yet to wear it for a long period of time, so I can’t really comment on the longevity, fading or creasing. I did try rubbing my eyes and it didn’t really smudge, but I did end up with glitter on my fingers. I only tried it on my eyes. It is not the sort of colour I would want on my lips or cheeks! It was extremely easy to remove, just one swipe with a warm wet flannel and it was gone. So far, I am impressed with this product and I would look at ordering more shades. They are a hell of a lot cheaper than the Stila or HUDA BEAUTY versions!

| I purchased this eyeshadow for £6.00 from BeautyBay.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lauren Luke Set of 8 Essential Brushes

I have had this brush set for close to two years now and I can’t believe that it has taken me so long to review it. This brush set is by Lauren Luke and she wanted to create brushes that she would use herself and be well made, but not too expensive. When I bought my set the shipping cost was £1.99 (UK), but it may have changed. Large Powder Brush – £6.50 This brush is supposed to be brilliant for applying foundation, bronzer, blush and highlighter. The bristles are 185mm in length and made of goat hair. This is one of my favourite brushes from the set and it is jam packed with bristles, but it is so soft!  It is the perfect size too, because the head is relatively large but the shorter handle makes it sit well. It works well for any powder product and for sweeping away fall out from eyeshadows. The bristles enable you to pick up quite a bit of product, so if you are using colour don’t be heavy handed. I do not recommend using it for cream based products as it can...

ZOEVA Rose Golden Palette

I saw this palette a while ago on a beauty blog and instantly knew I had to have it. It’s not long launched here in the UK, but it’s already a cult favourite! I just adore the packaging, everything about it! It’s made out of cardboard, but it feels sturdy and durable and it is a gorgeous kind of coffee/red velvet chocolate colour. It has a beautiful rose gold design on the front, with swirls and then a centered key. It has a magnetic closing, which is quite strong because if you hold it from the top when closed and give it a shake, the two parts don’t separate (palette doesn’t open). It has a light feel in general and inside it’s all one beautiful colour and the eyeshadows are well spaced. Around each pan is a rose gold diamond border and underneath in small rose gold letters are the shade names. On the back of the palette is the usual ingredients and other information blurbs. You get ten full size eyeshadows (0.5oz) with matte, metallic or satin finishes and each has a cute...

HUDA BEAUTY Purple Haze Obsessions Palette

I’ve previously only tried one HUDA BEAUTY mini palette before, but this one really caught my eye. I almost bought the Khaki version too. I eventually decided on only picking up the purple one as I wasn’t massively impressed with the Topaz Obsessions Palette I previously tried.   THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of translucent purple plastic and it is square shaped. It just has the palette branding across the front in place of a design and it has a clip closing, which you lift up to reveal the square eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across an opaque matte purple base. The eyeshadows do not have names. There is also a little mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get nine 0.64g eyeshadows in Matte (M), Metallic (ME) and Shimmery Topper (ST) finishes.   ·          Smokey Shades ·          Buttery Mattes ·          Intense Metal...