Skip to main content

BY BEAUTY BAY Liquid Crystal Eyeshadow in Malachite

I have been interested in this product for a while now and I always held off buying one as I already own Stila and HUDA BEAUTY versions and I don’t often use them. I finally decided to order one in a beautiful green shade. It is the one that appealed to me the most and looking at the swatches online, it seems like the most opaque one. I don’t have a colour like it in my Stila or HUDA BEAUTY ones.
Malachite - emerald green shimmer

This liquid eyeshadow is mean’t to be long lasting, creamy and leave you with an ultra-metallic finish that doesn’t smudge, fade or crease. You can wear it alone or over other products and it can be used on your eyes, lips and cheeks. It also comes in a variety of glitter and metallic shades and it is cruelty-free and vegan. You can purchase them for £6.00 (4.5ml) each from BeautyBay.com.
My First Impressions
It has a paddle brush stick applicator just like the Stila and HUDA BEAUTY versions. The formula is thinner in consistency than the Stila ones. It is very easy to apply and it is very metallic and reflective. You need to do a couple of coats to get a fully opaque look. The colour Malachite is gorgeous and it has some micro sequins in it. It’s strange because there are not a lot of them and you don’t get them every time you dip in, you may only get one per eye. I don’t mind this as I wasn’t expecting there to be little sequins anyway. You need to wait for it to dry on your eye before you move. I have hooded eyes, so when I fully opened my eyes before the product had fully dried it transferred to my crease and just above my crease. It is easy to layer and I didn’t notice any cracking or congealing. I am yet to wear it for a long period of time, so I can’t really comment on the longevity, fading or creasing. I did try rubbing my eyes and it didn’t really smudge, but I did end up with glitter on my fingers. I only tried it on my eyes. It is not the sort of colour I would want on my lips or cheeks! It was extremely easy to remove, just one swipe with a warm wet flannel and it was gone. So far, I am impressed with this product and I would look at ordering more shades. They are a hell of a lot cheaper than the Stila or HUDA BEAUTY versions!

| I purchased this eyeshadow for £6.00 from BeautyBay.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·          Marketed as an adult’s fragrance. ·          Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You w

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

Blogmas #17 | Christmas Wishlist 2013

It is Christmas Wishlist time! I haven’t really got much on my list this year and it is not really varied, definitely a beauty theme. To be honest, I’ve got everything I need and would want. Like most people, I would LOVE more money! 1. Soap & Glory Loved & Glossed™ Gift Set | £16 2. Paco Rabanne Lady Million 80ml Perfume | £65 3. Stila In The Light Palette | £25 4. CARGO Vintage Escape Palette | £35 5. Wilko Wild Print Storage Cases | £10 6. Lady GaGa 30ml Perfume | £24 7. Soap & Glory The Yule Monty™ Gift Set | £60 (£27 on 13 th Dec) Like I said last year, I will be sale shopping again on Boxing Day, so anything I don’t get as gifts I can buy myself at discounted prices! What would you like for Christmas? ♥ ♥ ♥