Skip to main content

BY BEAUTY BAY Liquid Crystal Eyeshadow in Malachite

I have been interested in this product for a while now and I always held off buying one as I already own Stila and HUDA BEAUTY versions and I don’t often use them. I finally decided to order one in a beautiful green shade. It is the one that appealed to me the most and looking at the swatches online, it seems like the most opaque one. I don’t have a colour like it in my Stila or HUDA BEAUTY ones.
Malachite - emerald green shimmer

This liquid eyeshadow is mean’t to be long lasting, creamy and leave you with an ultra-metallic finish that doesn’t smudge, fade or crease. You can wear it alone or over other products and it can be used on your eyes, lips and cheeks. It also comes in a variety of glitter and metallic shades and it is cruelty-free and vegan. You can purchase them for £6.00 (4.5ml) each from BeautyBay.com.
My First Impressions
It has a paddle brush stick applicator just like the Stila and HUDA BEAUTY versions. The formula is thinner in consistency than the Stila ones. It is very easy to apply and it is very metallic and reflective. You need to do a couple of coats to get a fully opaque look. The colour Malachite is gorgeous and it has some micro sequins in it. It’s strange because there are not a lot of them and you don’t get them every time you dip in, you may only get one per eye. I don’t mind this as I wasn’t expecting there to be little sequins anyway. You need to wait for it to dry on your eye before you move. I have hooded eyes, so when I fully opened my eyes before the product had fully dried it transferred to my crease and just above my crease. It is easy to layer and I didn’t notice any cracking or congealing. I am yet to wear it for a long period of time, so I can’t really comment on the longevity, fading or creasing. I did try rubbing my eyes and it didn’t really smudge, but I did end up with glitter on my fingers. I only tried it on my eyes. It is not the sort of colour I would want on my lips or cheeks! It was extremely easy to remove, just one swipe with a warm wet flannel and it was gone. So far, I am impressed with this product and I would look at ordering more shades. They are a hell of a lot cheaper than the Stila or HUDA BEAUTY versions!

| I purchased this eyeshadow for £6.00 from BeautyBay.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥