Skip to main content

Dominique Cosmetics Latte 2 Palette

I have known about this brand for a while now and I haven’t purchased one of the palettes before because I had too many other ones and I also couldn’t decide which one to get. I almost bought Celestial Storm because of the orange, red and pink shades, but I have a lot of those shades already in other palettes so I decided on a more neutral palette. I preferred the look of Latte 2 over the original Latte because it has some brighter colours included and the brighter colours are more wearable for me than the blue and pink shades included in the original Latte Palette.
The packaging is rectangular in shape and made out of cardboard. It is beige in colour and has a sort of spilled coffee stain design all over it. It has a magnetic closing which you lift up to reveal the inside of the palette. The spilled coffee stain theme follows through to the inside. The eyeshadows are in large circle pans and the shade names are printed underneath. You also get a mirror and the eyeshadows kind of smell of cocoa. You can purchase it for £40.00 ($42.00) from DominiqueCosmetics.com and BeautyBay.com.

You get ten 1.8g eyeshadows in Matte (M), Satin (S) and Metallic (ME) finishes.
Cafécito - rust red brown with gold flecks (S)
Coffee Beans - deep chocolate brown (M)
Café Con Leche - warm ballet pink peach (M)
Frothy - cream (M)
Blonde Roast - warm mustard yellow (M)
Drizzle - bronze with silver flecks (ME)
Iced Coffee - chocolate brown with gold and silver flecks (ME)
Frappe - pale rose pink with silver flecks (ME)
Strawberry Milk - rosie red pink (M)
Matcha - pale mint green (M)

There are not really any claims for this palette, but I am expecting the eyeshadows to be very pigmented and blend seamlessly. It is cruelty-free, but not vegan (contains Carmine).
Swatch Stencil: Stripes 10 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk
I am kind of underwhelmed by this palette! I like the packaging and the colour story, but the quality isn’t what I expected it to be (maybe my fault for expecting more before I tried it). The eyeshadows are pigmented, but they could be more. They are quite hard pressed in the pan and swatch kind of dry and a little patchy. The matte shades are the patchiest, Frothy, Blonde Roast, Strawberry Milk and Matcha are not as patchy as Cafecito or Coffee Beans. You get a little kick back in the pans, but it isn’t major (ABH palettes have more). The three colourful shades blend quite well and they did look beautiful together on the eye, but the brown shades don’t blend well at all. The Coffee Beans shade almost looks black on the eye and it looks a little muddy when blended out. I didn’t notice any fallout from the matte or satin shades. I expected the metallic shades to be quite rich, but they aren’t. The shades Drizzle and Iced Coffee are not too bad, but Frappe is a gritty and glittery mess! You also get incredible amounts of glitter fallout from the Frappe shade, but the other two are not as bad. I feel like there is no pigment with the Frappe shade on the eye, it is just glitter. I also found that the metallic shades fade very quickly on the eye. I highly recommend using eye primer and glitter glue. The metallic shades do work slightly better when wet, but I still struggled to intensify them whether I tried to apply them using my finger or a synthetic stiff flat brush! I think the shade Café Con Leche is too light for my skin tone as I couldn’t really see it on my eye, but the shade Frothy does show up and looks nice under the brow bone. Strawberry Milk does look nice as a blush and Frappe does work as a highlighter if you do not mind glitter.

I am so sad that this palette didn’t work for me! It has put me off trying the other palettes a little. I have heard that the original Latte Palette eyeshadow formula is better than in this one. I would like the try the Celestial Storm Palette still, just to see if the formula is slightly different as it is a larger palette and has brighter shades in it. Sadly, due to my experience, I would not recommend the Latte 2 Palette and I wouldn’t re-purchase it.

| I purchased this palette for £40.00 from BeautyBay.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·          Marketed as an adult’s fragrance. ·          Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You w

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

Blogmas #17 | Christmas Wishlist 2013

It is Christmas Wishlist time! I haven’t really got much on my list this year and it is not really varied, definitely a beauty theme. To be honest, I’ve got everything I need and would want. Like most people, I would LOVE more money! 1. Soap & Glory Loved & Glossed™ Gift Set | £16 2. Paco Rabanne Lady Million 80ml Perfume | £65 3. Stila In The Light Palette | £25 4. CARGO Vintage Escape Palette | £35 5. Wilko Wild Print Storage Cases | £10 6. Lady GaGa 30ml Perfume | £24 7. Soap & Glory The Yule Monty™ Gift Set | £60 (£27 on 13 th Dec) Like I said last year, I will be sale shopping again on Boxing Day, so anything I don’t get as gifts I can buy myself at discounted prices! What would you like for Christmas? ♥ ♥ ♥