Skip to main content

Dominique Cosmetics Latte 2 Palette

I have known about this brand for a while now and I haven’t purchased one of the palettes before because I had too many other ones and I also couldn’t decide which one to get. I almost bought Celestial Storm because of the orange, red and pink shades, but I have a lot of those shades already in other palettes so I decided on a more neutral palette. I preferred the look of Latte 2 over the original Latte because it has some brighter colours included and the brighter colours are more wearable for me than the blue and pink shades included in the original Latte Palette.
The packaging is rectangular in shape and made out of cardboard. It is beige in colour and has a sort of spilled coffee stain design all over it. It has a magnetic closing which you lift up to reveal the inside of the palette. The spilled coffee stain theme follows through to the inside. The eyeshadows are in large circle pans and the shade names are printed underneath. You also get a mirror and the eyeshadows kind of smell of cocoa. You can purchase it for £40.00 ($42.00) from DominiqueCosmetics.com and BeautyBay.com.

You get ten 1.8g eyeshadows in Matte (M), Satin (S) and Metallic (ME) finishes.
Cafécito - rust red brown with gold flecks (S)
Coffee Beans - deep chocolate brown (M)
Café Con Leche - warm ballet pink peach (M)
Frothy - cream (M)
Blonde Roast - warm mustard yellow (M)
Drizzle - bronze with silver flecks (ME)
Iced Coffee - chocolate brown with gold and silver flecks (ME)
Frappe - pale rose pink with silver flecks (ME)
Strawberry Milk - rosie red pink (M)
Matcha - pale mint green (M)

There are not really any claims for this palette, but I am expecting the eyeshadows to be very pigmented and blend seamlessly. It is cruelty-free, but not vegan (contains Carmine).
Swatch Stencil: Stripes 10 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk
I am kind of underwhelmed by this palette! I like the packaging and the colour story, but the quality isn’t what I expected it to be (maybe my fault for expecting more before I tried it). The eyeshadows are pigmented, but they could be more. They are quite hard pressed in the pan and swatch kind of dry and a little patchy. The matte shades are the patchiest, Frothy, Blonde Roast, Strawberry Milk and Matcha are not as patchy as Cafecito or Coffee Beans. You get a little kick back in the pans, but it isn’t major (ABH palettes have more). The three colourful shades blend quite well and they did look beautiful together on the eye, but the brown shades don’t blend well at all. The Coffee Beans shade almost looks black on the eye and it looks a little muddy when blended out. I didn’t notice any fallout from the matte or satin shades. I expected the metallic shades to be quite rich, but they aren’t. The shades Drizzle and Iced Coffee are not too bad, but Frappe is a gritty and glittery mess! You also get incredible amounts of glitter fallout from the Frappe shade, but the other two are not as bad. I feel like there is no pigment with the Frappe shade on the eye, it is just glitter. I also found that the metallic shades fade very quickly on the eye. I highly recommend using eye primer and glitter glue. The metallic shades do work slightly better when wet, but I still struggled to intensify them whether I tried to apply them using my finger or a synthetic stiff flat brush! I think the shade Café Con Leche is too light for my skin tone as I couldn’t really see it on my eye, but the shade Frothy does show up and looks nice under the brow bone. Strawberry Milk does look nice as a blush and Frappe does work as a highlighter if you do not mind glitter.

I am so sad that this palette didn’t work for me! It has put me off trying the other palettes a little. I have heard that the original Latte Palette eyeshadow formula is better than in this one. I would like the try the Celestial Storm Palette still, just to see if the formula is slightly different as it is a larger palette and has brighter shades in it. Sadly, due to my experience, I would not recommend the Latte 2 Palette and I wouldn’t re-purchase it.

| I purchased this palette for £40.00 from BeautyBay.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥