Skip to main content

Serial Sampler #22

I first saw this perfume when the advertisement was broadcast on television last year (2019). Dua Lipa is the model/spokesperson for the scent. I really wanted to test it as I got a sexy vibe from it, but I only looked up the notes when I received the sample.

It is Libre by Yves Saint Laurent and it is a 1.2ml spritzer sample of the eau de parfum.

“The first floral lavender for a singular trail like a breath of freedom. The iconic orange blossom flower from Morocco, a luminous and sensual white flower, twisted by the lavender from France, an ambiguous flower often considered as masculine, bringing boldness, freshness and texture. A fragrance as a shout of freedom, the freedom to live everything to the fullest.”

It contains a mixture of notes such as; Mandarin Orange, Lavender, Black Currant, Petitgrain, Jasmine, Orange Blossom, Madagascar Vanilla, Cedar, Ambergris and Musk.
I wasn’t expecting to like this scent after I read what notes were in it, as it was described as a floral lavender scent. I was surprisingly wrong, it smells absolutely stunning! I don’t really detect the lavender (good for me), but I do smell the vanilla and a mixture of the other floral notes. It kind of almost reminds me of a fresher and fruitier version of Loverdose by Diesel. It does smell sexy, but in a fresh and not dark and woody way. There is the right balance of musk and it is not overpowering It is mostly tailed to women, but I think it could actually be unisex as it is not too fruity. I wouldn’t mind smelling this scent on a man! I would 100% buy a bottle of this and highly recommend that you give it a sniff. I won’t be purchasing it straight away though, as I am on a no buy for perfumes as I have some to use up and I have not long purchased a 100ml bottle of Avril Lavigne Black Star EDP!

You can buy it in 10ml (£N/A/$30), 30ml (£56/$78), 50ml (£78/$104) and 90ml (£100/$130) and it is available at places such as; YSLBeauty.co.uk and Sephora.

| I received this sample for FREE from YSL Beauty |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥