Skip to main content

LOOKFANTASTIC BEAUTY BOX #2 - June 2020

I decided to re-subscribe to the LookFantastic Beauty Box and I pre-ordered my June box on 22nd May. It arrived yesterday (3rd June) and I couldn’t wait to unbox it. My first and last LF Beauty Box was September 2014; I can’t believe it has nearly been six years! I initially un-subscribed due to the price (£15.00) and I mostly received skin care items and at the time, I was only really interested in make-up.
I already saw a sneak peek for the June box (Staycation Edition), which is why I re-subscribed (the May box was sold out anyway). It was to supposed to be worth over £61.00 and the items would arrive in a travel bag. I knew I would receive a shower gel and possibly a hair brush as they were pictured. The postage for Look Fantastic is usually £2.95, but I believe it is free for Beauty Box subscriptions only. Here is what I received:-
LookFantastic Beauty Bag
| £12.00 |
This is a cute aqua blue zipped travel bag, which contains the rest of the beauty products. It looks and feels like it is good quality and it is re-usable. It is not available to purchase singularly as it has been made especially for this month’s beauty box.
| Full Size - £12.00 |

Polȧar Very High Protection Sun Lotion SPF50+
| 20ml - £13.44 |
This sun cream should be lightweight and non-greasy in texture and apply easily to sink into the skin quickly and offer strong protection from sun damage. As this is a small sample tube, I would probably use it just for my face to test it out, I’m not sure if it would do my whole body. Most base make-up products already contain SPF in them, but this will be good for my no make-up days when I am relaxing in the garden. If you live in a hotter country, you could probably apply this before face primer as extra protection. If you have the full size tube, you could apply it all over your body. There are definitely cheaper sun creams/lotions available that would offer the same, if not better protection.
| Full Size: 50ml - £18.83 |

MOLTON BROWN Coastal Cypress & Sea Fennel Bath & Shower Gel
| 100ml - £10.00 |
This body wash is supposed to leave your skin feeling fresh, nourished, moisturised, revitalised, pampered and smelling amazing. It is delicately scented. It does smell very nice. The scent is kind of masculine and like aftershave, very sexy. I will definitely use this, I love a good smelling body wash and masculine scents tend to be stronger and linger on the skin longer. I’m not sure if it will be worth the price tag though, as generally I cannot smell body wash on my skin after my shower anyway and you don’t need to spend a lot to get a nicely scented body wash. Also, it doesn’t really matter if the scent lingers on your skin as that is what deodorant, body sprays and perfumes are for!
| Full Size: 300ml - £22.00 |

Josh Wood Colour Everything Mask
| 30ml - £6.00 |
This is a hair mask and it is supposed to lock-in hair colour, add shine, hydrate and deeply condition. It is described as a ‘does-it-all’ treatment and is suitable for all hair colours and types. It’s not something that would have interested me before because I don’t like using separate hair products. I usually use an all in one shampoo and conditioner. I have always coloured my hair anyway and so should really use something like this. I will give it a go, I haven’t really got an excuse not to try it and I have all the time in the world at the moment to test it out.
| Full Size: 140ml - £19.00 |

Ultrasun SPF30 Lip Protect
| 4.8g - £8.00 |
This lip balm is supposed to reduce inflammation as well as moisturise and protect your lips from sun damage. It contains argan oil and shea butter. It doesn’t really have a scent, but an SPF lip balm always comes in handy. I will keep this as a back-up for when my current one runs out. This one also has a higher SPF than my current one, bonus!
| Full Size: 4.8g - £8.00 |

GLOV Rainbow Drop Brush
| £10.00 |
This brush is designed to be used on wet and dry hair. It is supposed to glide through your hair without pulling or tugging. It fits in the palm of your hand and is the perfect size for travelling and detangling your hair on the go. I’ve had a brush like this before, but it was bigger. I swapped my old one out for a Tangle Teezer one with a handle as my hair is quite long and I find it easier to brush through it with a brush that has a handle. I typically only use my Tangle Teezer to brush through my hair when it is wet or to brush a hair mask through it. I will keep hold of this little brush for now as it looks perfect for travelling, so it may come in handy. It did glide through my dry hair very easily when I tested it.
| Full Size - £10.00 |

SHANGPREE Aroma Blend Moisture Mask
| 1 Mask/30ml - £2.50 |
There were two different sheet masks available for this box and this is the one I was sent. It is supposed to leave your skin feeling softer and hydrated as well as with a little glow. This mask contains rosa damascena flower water, ylang ylang oil and rosewood oil. I have used sheet masks before and I’m not overly sure how they are different to regular masks. I will give this a go soon, I am hoping it smells nice as I am not overly keen on rose scents.
| Full Size: 1 Mask/30ml - £2.50 |

I think that this is the first ever beauty subscription box I’ve received where I would actually use all of the products! To be fair, I wasn’t really into skincare before and only wanted to receive make-up to try. I will stay subscribed to see what the July box brings, but I won’t stay subscribed for a long period of time. I would just receive too many products and end up with a drawer full again, plus I would probably still end up receiving products I am not interested in and end up giving them all away again. My box ended up being worth £61.94, however, there are two different prices quoted for the lip balm. If the lip balm is in fact worth only £6.00, then my box as a whole would actually only be worth £59.94 instead of the £61.00 promised. Either way, I’m not that bothered over the possible £1.06 difference.

| I purchased my subscription box for £15.00 from LookFantastic.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·          Marketed as an adult’s fragrance. ·          Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You w

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

Blogmas #17 | Christmas Wishlist 2013

It is Christmas Wishlist time! I haven’t really got much on my list this year and it is not really varied, definitely a beauty theme. To be honest, I’ve got everything I need and would want. Like most people, I would LOVE more money! 1. Soap & Glory Loved & Glossed™ Gift Set | £16 2. Paco Rabanne Lady Million 80ml Perfume | £65 3. Stila In The Light Palette | £25 4. CARGO Vintage Escape Palette | £35 5. Wilko Wild Print Storage Cases | £10 6. Lady GaGa 30ml Perfume | £24 7. Soap & Glory The Yule Monty™ Gift Set | £60 (£27 on 13 th Dec) Like I said last year, I will be sale shopping again on Boxing Day, so anything I don’t get as gifts I can buy myself at discounted prices! What would you like for Christmas? ♥ ♥ ♥