Skip to main content

Blogmas #8 | RECIPE - Chocolate Oat Cookies

I thought I would share with you another cookie recipe. This one happens to be my favourite. It is a recipe by a lady called Ruth of ThePinkWhisk.co.uk.

Ingredients
110g Softened Butter
110g Caster Sugar
85g Light Soft Brown Sugar
150g Plain Flour
180g Rolled/Porridge Oats
200g Chocolate (chopped into small chunks) or Chocolate Chips
1 Large Egg
½ tsp of Baking Powder
½ tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda
¼ tsp of Salt
½ tsp of Vanilla Extract

Method
1.    Preheat your oven to 190°c (fan) | 200°c | Gas Mark 5

2.    Line your baking tray/s with non-stick baking paper.

3.    In a medium sized mixing bowl, cream together the butter, caster sugar and light soft brown sugar with a wooden spoon.

4.    Add in the egg and vanilla extract and mix well.

5.    Now mix in the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt.

6.    Now add in the rolled/porridge oats and mix again.

7.    Finally add in the chocolate and mix well.

8.    Now roll the dough, by hand into 1½ inch balls and place them on the baking tray, well-spaced apart, as the dough will flatten and expand whilst in the oven. The dough should make approximately twenty-four cookies.

9.    Bake them in the oven for 8 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden.

10. When baked, remove them from the oven and leave them to cool for 5 minutes and then transfer them onto a wire rack to cool completely.

Will you be using this recipe to make some delicious cookies?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·       ...

Swatches: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils

Milk (604) - cream, bold & opaque matte white Yoghurt (611) - frosty, light champagne copper These pencils are really creamy and the shade selection is brilliant. I chose two basic shades, one to be a light base and the other to be a highlight. They do crease and can become messy, as you have to sharpen them. Overall they are ok, but I wouldn’t re-purchase them! £5 | NYXcosmetics.co.uk What do you think of these shades? ♥ ♥ ♥

Perfume Power! - DKNY 'Be Delicious'

Photo:  FashionDayDreams.com My Mum went to a car boot sale and found this and bought it. My Mum didn’t like it so she gave it to my sister and then my sister gave it to me. The bottle is a sphere shape inspired by an apple. On the smaller sizes the cap is basic like on most perfumes and is made of silver reflective plastic. The bottle base is made of translucent bottle green glass. On the bigger sizes the cap doesn’t come off and it is the actual dispenser, so when you press it down the perfume sprays. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Grapefruit, Cucumber & Magnolia Middle Notes: Tuberose, Rose, Lily-of-the-Valley, Violet & Green Apple Base Notes: Sandalwood, Amber & Wood This perfume smells fruity, floral and fresh and the apple scent really stands out. It is also quite a strong scent, but it is not overpowering. I also think that it is quite universal as it is not sweet. Lastly because the scent is quite strong, it lasts quite a long time...